Essential oils are your ticket to easy self-care. They have so many benefits that you’ll be in a hurry to get a set of oils and try them right away.
Wonder what’s all the buzz about essential oils?
They can relieve stress and headaches, induce better sleep, help with digestion, hair loss, or skin conditions, provide energy, improve your fragrance, and even boost your sex drive.
Plenty of male entrepreneurs have included an essential oil in their morning routines. Essential oils are also part of different cosmetics such as soaps, shampoos, and beard products. So there’s a high chance that you’re already using them.
Let’s see why men need essential oils in their lives.
What Are Essential Oils?
According to Galen-N, essential oils are highly concentrated oils extracted from flowers, herbs or plants. When absorbed by the human body, these oils impact a variety of internal systems. Every essential oil has a different effect: some help with sleep, others with energy, memory, digestion and more.
Medical studies prove that essential oils have healing powers and relieve anxiety, stress, nausea, and pain. That’s why these oils get popular by the day. They are used as homeopathic therapy by guys and gals all over the world.
How to Use Essential Oils
There are four ways you can introduce essential oils to your daily routine:
- Diffusers: if you are a fan of gadgets, invest in an essential oil diffuser. They are simple to use – just pour water and add several drops of peppermint, chamomile, rose or other oil. The scented evaporation will instantly change the atmosphere in your home or office.
- Candles: if you don’t need additional appliances, opt for essential oil candles. Place the candles according to your decoration preferences. Light them up to release their fragrance.
- Cologne: more men choose to use essential oils to achieve a natural and musky smell. Mix a few drops of your favorite oil with plain lotion and create your own fragrance. Find 2 ideas for essential oil cologne blends below.
- Direct use: dab some essential oil drops on your neck, wrists, and temples. When you apply these oils directly to your skin, you might trigger an allergic reaction. Always test a small amount of the essential oil on your hand. Otherwise, this is the easiest way to get your daily dose of essential oils. Have a small ampule in hand sight to smell, dab or add to your drink.
Essential Oils for Energy
Do you have a hard time waking up in the morning? Do you often need more than one cup of coffee to get you through the day?
If you lack energy and rely on caffeine to keep you awake, try boosting your spirit with essential oils:
- Peppermint: Put several drops in your water or tea for instant power. Peppermint also improves digestion.
- Orange: Inhale the citrus scent to feel refreshed as if you’ve drunk a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Keep a viаl with orange essential oil in your desk at work for a quick energy boost.
Essential Oils for Sleep and Stress-Relief
When you have a busy schedule and are surrounded by numerous technologies, it’s easy to lose control and feel overwhelmed. Don’t surrender to stress, anxiety, and depression.
Instead, ensure your good mood and sleep with the following essential oils:
- Chamomile: This oil does miracles to your mood. Rub it on your wrists when you feel anxious and soon enough you’ll be more relaxed.
- Lavender: Doze off easily after a hard day and guarantee your good night’s sleep. Simply apply lavender essential oil to your temples and instantly feel calmer.
- Rose: It impacts your mood and battles anxiety. Rose essential oil has many superpowers because it’s also an astringent, antidepressant, and an aphrodisiac.
- Sandalwood: Lots of men use sandalwood mainly due to its fragrance. But it has great benefits too. Sandalwood essential oil provides mental clarity and loosens you up.
Essential Oils for Better Health
Essential oils are beneficial for both your mental and physical wellbeing. They can even ease chronic health problems.
- Bergamot: It’s extracted from a citrus tree and helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Lemon: Apply lemon essential oil to your skin to improve digestion and impact weight loss. Medical studies claim that inhaling lemon oil can also enhance the saliva production of cancer patients who have undergone radioactive iodine therapy.
- Ylang-ylang: If you suffer from headaches and migraines, try rubbing ylang-ylang essential oil to your temples. It can help with nausea as well.
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
If you have thin hair or а receding hairline, experiment with natural remedies before you invest tons of money on expensive hair loss products.
- Clary sage: It not only reduces hair loss but also stimulates hair growth. Clary sage essential oil balances hormones and can be very effective for hormonal hair loss. It’s not recommended to consume alcohol and clary sage simultaneously.
- Cedarwood: This oil helps with several skin conditions such as greasy hair, dandruff, itchy scalp, and hair loss.
- Geranium: It contains geraniol and citronellol which tone the skin and impact hair regeneration. Geranium essential oil is also anti-inflammatory and is used in multiple cosmetic products.
- Lavender: Lavender has numerous benefits so it’s no surprise that it improves thinning hair and stimulates hair growth. It can also heal an itchy scalp and treat baldness and alopecia.
- Peppermint: Usually, this oil is used for gastroenterological problems but it’s also efficient for hair growth.
- Roman chamomile: It has calming properties and is useful for multiple health problems including hair loss.
- Rosemary: This is one of the best essential oils for hair treatment. Rosemary can treat oily hair, dandruff, lice, itchy scalp, and baldness.
Aphrodisiac Essential Oils for Men
There’s no scientific research backing up the fact that essential oils are in fact an aphrodisiac. But they do have certain properties that improve the sexual drive and overall sex experience.
- Clary sage: It’s known to reduce the level of stress hormones and lead to а better mood, including the mood for sex.
- Ginseng: This oil stimulates the production of brain chemicals that improve the male erectile function.
- Lavender: Its fragrance has a huge effect on stress and bad mood. Lavender oil helps with relaxation and can potentially work for sexual stimulation.
- Ylang ylang: Inhaling of this essential oil is linked to euphoria and also calms depression. Since ylang ylang is so beneficial for mental health, it’s can possibly aid the sex drive.
Essential Oil Blends for Men
Remember that essential oils are highly concentrated. You only need several drops to create your own blends. Always dilute them accordingly, otherwise, you risk causing skin irritation.
Blend 1: Hair-Loss
- 12 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Blend 2: Hair-Loss
- 6 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 6 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops of Chamomile essential oil
- 3 drops of Clary Sage essential oil
Blend 3: Forest Cologne
- 5 drops of Bergamot essential oil
- 5 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops of Sandalwood essential oil
- 20ml alcohol
Blend 4: Fresh Cologne
- 4 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops of Vetiver essential oil
- 20ml alcohol
Blend 5: Better Mood
- 3 drops of Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops of Orange essential oil
Use the blends for hair loss by adding a few drops to your regular shampoo. Or mix them with a tablespoon of jojoba oil and gently massage your scalp.
Rub the cologne blends on your wrists and neck or behind the ears.
Make essential oils your secret weapon. They can assist you in various situations and improve your mental and physical health, your personal scent, and even your sex drive. Add essential oils to your gentleman’s kit and enjoy all the benefits.